- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup hard margarine – softened
- 1 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup seedless raisins
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- In bowl, with electric mixer at medium speed, beat sugar and margarine until blended. Beat in egg and vanilla until mixture is smooth. Blend in oats, flour, baking soda + pumpkin pie spice. Stir in raisins.
- Drop batter by tablespoon, 2 inches apart, onto greased baking sheets. Makes about 3 dozen.
- Bake at 400º for 5-7 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove from sheets; cool on wire racks.