- 2/3 cup quinoa
- 1 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup milk
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1 cup cocoa
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp each baking soda and salt
- Bring the quinoa and water to a boil in sauce pan. Cover, reduce to a simmer and cook 10 minutes. Turn off heat and leave covered on the burner for another 10 minutes. Fluff with a fork and allow to cool.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Lightly grease 8x13 pan.
- Combine the milk, eggs and vanilla in blender or food processor. Add 2 cups cooled quinoa (all of it) and butter; continue to blend until smooth. Whisk together the sugar, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt in medium bowl. Add contents of blender, mix well.
- Pour batter into pan and bake 40 to 45 min.
- Check with a pick. (I cook mine longer as I use a different size pan.)
- Remove cake and cool completely. Store in freezer or fridge-(up to one week)
Freezes very well.