- 1 lb. Ground beef
- 2 cups cubed peeled potatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon instant beef bouillon granules (I use 1 square McCormick all-veg. Beef style)
- 2 1/2 cups milk (divided)
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In large saucepan cook ground beef until browned. Drain off fat.
- Stir in potatoes, celery, onion, green pepper, bouillon granules, 1 1/2 cups water, and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Cover, cook 15 to 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Combine 1/2 cup of the milk and the flour; stir into meat mixture. Add remaining milk. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly.
- Add cheese; heat and stir just until cheese melts. Garnish individual servings with additional cheese, if desired.
- Makes 6 to 8 servings.